Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic DVD recorder Model DMR-EX97 will record TV to

My Panasonic DVD recorder Model DMR-EX97 will record TV to HDD but will not play back on TV.Briefly play shows in window but then goes back to TV
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Yes as in it is now working correctly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What was the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Great

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.