Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Bought a new Pansonic DVD recorder, model DMR-EX97 eighteen

Bought a new Pansonic DVD recorder, model DMR-EX97 eighteen months ago to replace my earlier DMR EX768EB DVD recorder and accidentally picked up the remote with the one for my 5 year old Panasonic TV last night and now the DVDE recorder won't turn on. Checked the aerial & connection to the TV and its definitely plugged in. There's a red clock symbol in the display, to show its set to record, but when I press the red circular on/off button on the top left of the remote, a white square symbol flashes on the display, but nothing else, so I can't now watch anything I've recorded. Richard Tel 0208(###) ###-####
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did as you asked and just replugged the DVD Recorder back in in the socket after 20 minutes and it now turns on and allows me to select and play a previously recorded TV programme. Yet to record, but plan to do so this evening, but it seems to be working fine now. Only 10% battery left on my iPad and need to leave the house shortly. Thanks Richard tel 0208(###) ###-####