LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

Panasonic sound bar model no SC-SB1 my tv is a samsung smart

Customer Question

panasonic sound bar model no SC-SB1 my tv is a samsung smart hub When I've connected the two the sound from the tv goes off but doesn't come from the sound bar. I spoke to a Panasonic rep in ***** ***** yesterday who told me that the HDMI cable needs to go into a socket marked ARC. My tv has no such socket marked and I have tried all 4 of them. Any ideas please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Could you tell me the model number of the tv, please?

On most samsungs, the ARC port is hdmi2, note also that you need to be connected to the hdmi OUT port on the panasonic.

Could you try rechecking there initially, and with it connected go into the samsung menu under sound/audio, and then look for speakers audio out, and set it to theater external, to make sure it is detected there.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello Brian,

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan