Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES20D. Whatever

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES20D. Whatever instruction I enter with
the remote, the display shows only DV D3. Can you advise please.
Mr.A.C.Gittins
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, do you still need assistance with this question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need an answer to my question as above, having waited for what I expected would be a reply to my e-mail
address. ACG
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks ACG for the reply.

Please grab DVD recorder remote control, press and hold #3 and OK/Enter buttons at same time on remote for 5 seconds.

Release buttons and press OK/Enter one more time.

Now try the remote on DVD recorder, does it work?

Please reply back with the result

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for phone call request, I'm ready to make phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you extra money so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Shahid.
Thanks for your advice. I pressed 3 and ok on the remote but nothing materialised. ACG
d
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please press 3 and OK at same time and hold both buttons for 5 seconds on remote control.

Release both buttons and one again press OK button for a while, now try the remote to see if it works?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Shahid,
Sorry, but pressing 3 and OK as advised makes no difference. Please cancel telephone conversation
arrangement and continue online. I will deal with your answers as soon I have the time. I suffer from
poor hearing. Thank you. ACG
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to hear that, are you trying the suggestion exactly as requested because this is the only way to fix this issue.

I can't cancel the phone call and only option is to accept the phone call offer then will ask the customer service folks to refund the phone call charges to you and I'm going that way now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shahid,
I have tried the 3+OK again and it seems to have worked. Thank you. ***** use it again if the trouble
recurs? Sorry about my mistake with the phone arrangement but thank you for handling it. ACG
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Excellent ACG, glad to know problem is fixed. You can use the same procedure if problem reoccurs.

Thanks, ***** ***** time~