Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I m have a Panasonic TV uE32F5500 HD Tv linked to a

Customer Question

Hi, I m have a Panasonic TV uE32F5500 HD Tv linked to a Panasonic DVD model DMR EX769EB recorder, linked by ba HDMI cable (no scart cable) Is it possible to record programs from the BBC I player. Some sites mention using Viera link. I cannot see any controls for this function on the controls. Caqn you help please
Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Television is Panasonic Ue32f5500 bought 2012
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have never tried to do this before. I record using the prog guide
Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is no scart cable connected only HDMI
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

No on the TV it is not possible, this is done by the BBC by design.

There is a way though on the computer to do it as the computer you have more control over.

If you wish to record via the computer then you can use a program called Apowersoft screen recorder for windows

https://download.apowersoft.com/down.php?softid=screenrecorderpro

Then you watch the iPlayer on the computer

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

And use the screen recorder to record the content on the screen of the computer

This is how people do this to record from the iPlayer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
does this prog enable you to save the content on the screen I presume I can then transfer it to a memory stick to watch on the TV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, can you answer me here please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Yes it saves it to a video file, which you can then put into a memory stick. Just make sure to save them in MP4 format

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks, ***** ***** download that prog and try
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome