Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Denon RCD M38 DAB Has worked well. Now it won't play CDs. It

Customer Question

Denon RCD M38 DAB Has worked well. Now it won't play CDs. It keeps saying 'Reading' but gets no further. I have tried various CDs and also a cleaning disc. I have unplugged the machine and replugged it whilst holding Power and Mode . It has come up with 10B6 error.Please help.Julian W-R
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Hello Julian,

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. This error is specific to not being able to read the disc.

You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).
If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.
Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.