Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Blu Ray Disc Player has BD4 and remote after trying to

Customer Question

Blu Ray Disc Player has BD4 and remote after trying to change finished as BD1. The remote s no longer compatible and will not operate the Recorder. Can you please suggest a solution to this problem.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 25 days ago.

Could you provide the make/model of the Blu Ray Player and also the remote you are using please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Panasonic Blu Ray 3D Disc player and Recorder DMP-BDT100 and remote N2QAYB000758. I have just bought a new remote N2QAYB000985, can this new remote also be tuned to operate the recorder.

According to the manual the remote which comes with the Blu Ray player is N2QAKB000076 - do you have that one?

What do you mean by BD1, BD4, DVD 1, etc - where are you seeing these displayed?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The remote that I quoted is the original remote that came with recorder. Initially the recorder was BD1, I changed it to BD4 due to it being my 4th recorder. All my recorders have had their remotes changed so that the do not operate other Panasonics in the same area.

Sorry, I see what you mean now. If you change the batteries you may have to reset the code.

On the remote try holding the required number 1, 2, 3, or 4 and the OK button for 5 seconds.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I just pressed 4 and OK and its working fine. Thank you, ***** ***** didn't say whether a second remote could be used?

Yes, a second remote should work if its set the same, i.e. to 4.

Give it a try.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 24 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich