Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

DMR-HWT130EB When I hit setup I get This operation cannot be

Customer Question

DMR-HWT130EBWhen I hit setup I get
This operation cannot be performed now.
Why is this, please?I want to copy a program to a USB hard disk. The yellow button works, the blue button does not.Bryan Colyer
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Made no improvement, I fear.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Ok, can you go to settings, then locate Initialze and reset to shipping conditions.

Once done, tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I can't get settings, that is the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Do any functions on it work?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Nothing on Setup works. Everything else works perfectly - record, replay, etc. The Setup botton just gives the error message. Function Menu won't do Setup or Network, though I haven't set up the Network yet.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it, it will be the eprom where the firmware resides

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The unit is brand new. Unless damaged in transit -there are no signs - something is amiss in your inspection department. Thanks for your help, though I am a bit miffed at paying for your advice when the fault was probably that of your company.