LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

I have a Panasonic DVD 558. Have just replaced my TV. I have

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DVD 558. Have just replaced my TV.I have the DVD video page up - have switched on the DVD - inserted CD - pressed play
and in top top left of screen - it says "No Disc."Have closeed down and repeated the operation several times.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Does this happen on all discs (music) as well as dvds (movies)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it happens with both music and films.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the info,

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Nathan