SLREED
SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.
20550412

my boyfriend of 6 months has been cheated on in the past has

Customer Question

my boyfriend of 6 months has been cheated on in the past has trust issues , through being clingy and ringing continuously until i answer at times. He told me many times he would never lie and a month ago quit smoking and ive just found out he hasnt and he admitted it, so from my point of view trust is low my end with him now for good reason. H e holds alot of anger from exes still and talks still of last ex which ive told him im not comfortable with, yet it still happens. He admits to having a temper , ive seen flashes of this and the other day he threatened to get his ex sorted out ....i told him that causes me worry and upset , we both have kids and he said oh i was just angry,but surely a man of sound mind wouldnt think that let alone say it to his girlfriend.I lost my dad 3 mth ago and he was very supportive, but since then overbearing too at times. Im about to go through a divorce now aswell and im thinking this relationship isnt healthy either and he with alot of serious issues and needy.He lives at home still, no regular job and doesnt drive, i have a house ,may have to sell in time tho, i work more than him and drive. He has 1 kid ,i have 2.Advice please before i get in to deep , thankyou.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 4 years ago.
I think that you have a good handle on your situation. The first thing that you need to do is trust your intuition. If something is telling you that there is something not right about this man, then its probably something not right. I think that you should not get involved with this man for the simple fact that he does not have his own place to live and he does not work regularly. On top of it you have observed anger problems with him.

With that being said, if you were to enter into a relationship with him, you really have to think what does he have to offer you and your child. I think that he really needs to first get himself together before entering a relationship with anyone. I think that you should re-frame from this relationship. You are already going through a divorce, it would be really hard to enter into a relationship that you have spotted so many faults in already. I think that it is best to move on before getting too deep