Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

my boyfriend has told me hes afraid of commitment what should

Customer Question

my boyfriend has told me he's afraid of commitment what should i do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When a man tells a woman hat he is afraid of commitment, then he is backing off from the relationship or wants it to be limited to casual dating or even casual sex without any other commitment.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It also may mean that he is going to leave the relationship and he is "letting you down easy".

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This is not the action of a man who doesn't want to lose you or is crazy about you. It is not a good indication of a bright future ahead and you may want to consider moving on.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I imagine that you have more to ask me and so I shall leave this chat open and you can get back to me later, at your convenience. If I am not available at the moment just ask the questions or make the statements and I shall resp0ond when I return.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC