Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I want to know if my girlfriend will come back to me? I walked

Customer Question

I want to know if my girlfriend will come back to me? I walked away sunday after not getting on I thought she loved me and cared about me. she has nothing positive to say about me now and has ended it im really confused?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Some people, particularly ones who have been ignored or abandoned or mistreated or abused as children, are EXTREMELY sensitive to the notion of abandonment, real or imagined.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

She is probably one of those highly sensitive people who are easily let down and get very upset when they believe they have been abandoned.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I'm sure that you did not mean to convey such a strong message to her when you walked away last Sunday, but you evidently did, judging by her reaction.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

She thought something like, "He walked away from ME? I'll show him how it feels."

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

She was probably thinking something like, "I told him I loved him and thought that we were soul-mates, and now he has gone and walked away from me. I cannot stand that and will never let him abandon me again."

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

All you can do is apologise, take all of the blame, don't accuse her of anything, and ask here to take you back.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Send her flowers, which may sound corny, but it might make the difference. Anger will not work. She wants to know that you are truly grateful to her and will not hurt her again by making her feel abandoned.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Keep trying and always be kind, gentle and understanding.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC