Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed as a Psychologist and Marriage & Family Therapist.
63993671

I met a girl last year, fell in love. but we live an hour and

Customer Question

I met a girl last year, fell in love. but we live an hour and a half away. everything is great everytime we meet up and we clearly love each other...but im unsure its enough for her as we done we to see eachother enough. we meet up every (nearly every) second weekend.
a month ago she said that something wasn't right, mainly the distance and the fact that she was always coming over to me and not so much the other way around. she was worried that she has a quiet like that I wouldn't like or something but I like it, just not really a great time for me to move there as my work is in the city.. the next day she said that she couldn't bear the thought of not seeing me and asked if id be willing to come to her. Of course I said and I went up there. everything was great, we had a great weekend together, I even met her parents (all her idea). it all went well. but now I have it in my head that any day now im going to get a call again to say she cant do it. im unsure though, shes a really nice girl, real proper and genuine, traditional, do you think she would introduce me to her parents and all that if she was in doubt? we have a holiday booked for the end of September but for some reason im unsure whether we will last til then although I cant really see any signs that this would be the case. I think its just me over thinking tings what do you think?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.

Dr. L :

Dr. L :

I would like to answer your question.

Dr. L :

If you met her parents, then she is serious about you. She would not have taken that important step if she was thinking of breaking up or was not interested in you.

Dr. L :

It sounds to me that her request for you to come see her was because she was feeling insecure and unsure of your relationship and wanted to be sure that you were happy with her living arrangements. It also gave her the opportunity to have you meet her parents...which may have been something she badly wanted to do.

Dr. L :

It seems to me that everything worked out nicely...you went to see her, you met the parents...all good.

Dr. L :

Yes...you are over thinking things. The relationship sounds good to me!

Dr. L :

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. L :