Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hi I was wondering if you can help me with my problem. I have

Customer Question

Hi I was wondering if you can help me with my problem. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Is there anyway I can cope with this and how? The other expert has recommended me to go to a therapist but its not that easy to find one here on the isle of man and I would rather talk online because of the immediate response and I feel like a mess at the moment.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear Iris,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It seems that I latched onto your question before I realized that it was you..

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You have a very serious case of BPD which will need a long period of therapy. Your disorder involves cutting, suicide attempts, extreme outbursts of anger, and a great deal of difficulty maintaining social relationships.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There is a big difference between hearing a few kind words of encouragement on a chat and actually making you whole again.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You must treat this seriously.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

PLEASE get the books that I suggested and learn all you can about this disorder and about the treatment.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You will do better getting the workbook than chatting with someone online and will cost you a lot less in the long run.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I do not recommend trying to fix this online, with even the best therapist.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you still want to try then let me know and I shall opt out and try to see if anyone wants to take this up.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, .LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer:

I bought the book called the borderline personality disorder survival guide book. This is the only one similar to what you have suggested on the apple store in which I downloaded on my phone. I am reading it now but I guess you're right. I will phone the mental health team tomorrow first thing to inquire about this.

Dear Iris,

You can also get the books by mail .

I am so happy that you are going to get some face-to-face counselling. You can become a calmer and happier person and I keep you in my prayers.

Warmest regards,

Elliott