Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I finish with my boyfriend because he never help me with all

Customer Question

I finish with my boyfriend because he never help me with all most nothing. He likes to put me down all the time he heat the fact I am more brith than him. He never happy heat take me out for meal or what so ever. The proble is I am a very good looking women I love smile I am full of life but I love him and I send him out of my life. What can do please help.thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help with this situation.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is very possible to fall in lover or stay in love with someone who does not suit us a all.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are, by your description, a great prize for a potential partner. You have a happy disposition, you are smart, your are faithful, and you are very attractive.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He already had your love but he still want to control you in the most primitive way: by putting you down. He is not particular generous and does not show you the appreciation that you deserve

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Therefore, you wisely sent him out of your life.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This was the best thing for you because he is not really suited to you and treats you with little respect and with some abuse.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When we are with someone for awhile we get bonded to them or stuck to them. It is like a habit that is hard to break.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your mind told you that you needed to move on with your life, but your heart is finding trouble letting go.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Sometimes it is best to think with your heart, and others with your mind. In this case, you need to stay with your decision and keep him out of your life for good.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It will be for YOUR good and you will find someone better.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Try to keep him out of your life and, day by day, little by little, he memory will become smaller and smaller and then you will be free.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It's like giving up drinking or drugs. You have to get off and then you have to STAY off.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What can you do?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Don't see him. Don't respond to him. Block your email address. Block your phone number. Find others to hang out with and stay away from his crowd.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Promise yourself to do these things in full, and then keep your promise. You will begin to recover and then it will tgo faster and faster.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my prayers for strength.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about my son? With way I lll deal with visits from his father? All he is cloths are in my house?
Dear Lisa,

Having a son makes it more complicated. He should be supporting his son.

You will have to make arrangements and schedules for visitation. If you two are separated then he cannot come and go into your house when he wants to.

You could also allow him to visit with your son in his own residence, if he has one, and if it is safe, and if you can be sure that your son will come to no harm or bad influences, and if you are sure he will be returned to you at the agreed upon time.

You can find out about UK child custody rights here:

http://childcustodyuk.com/

and here:

http://www.childsupportlaws.co.uk/child-custody-rights.html

and free legal help here:

http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/child-custody-laws-in-the-uk.html

As your boyfriend no longer lives with you, pack his belongings in boxes and keep them by the door, ready for him to pick up.

I wish you great success.

He should be able to see his son but it must be done safely. That is up to you both to decide, and if you cannot agree the the court will have to intervene.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott