Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I feel like bursting into tears every time I see my husband

I feel like bursting into tears every time I see my husband ,
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 3 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know you have been feeling this overwhelmed. Could you please tell me what has been causing this much pain within you?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you could reply and tell me more about your situation, I would be able to provide some support based on it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is not normal for a person too experience this overwhelming emotional lability-fragility. Thus I wonder which are the core issues affecting you, your marriage or family for you to feel this way.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

While I wait for your response, I could say that avoiding to talk about your feelings, concerns or issues would not help but create further pain and wounding, once denial, avoidance or any other form of repression could only lead to fuel the core issues even more undermining the person's mental and emotional health, and from there relationships and well-being.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I will be here, looking forward to hearing from you, so we could talk about your situation and how to effectively address it.

Rafael

Customer: Thank you . I suppose if I discuss issues I'm going to be put down. Or ridiculed . It's a sad situation but you are right it's not normal to feel so stressed .
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You mean your husband has been abusing you verbally and/or emotionally, specially when feeling this down?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I would never suggest anybody to expose herself to be abused in any form under any circumstance, since that would only create further pain and enable further abuse.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If the other person presents abusive or unhealthy behaviors, those behaviors should be confronted, setting healthy boundaries and limits, in order for the relationship and communication to be respectful, acceptable and productive.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If the other person is unable or unwilling to be respectful, honest, empathetic, caring, understanding and supportive in consistency with the role he is supposed to play in your life, then you'd need to reassess your core needs and expectations in the relationship and be very clear about them. if the other person commits to work at the same mature level, and be reciprocal to heal and promote the relationship, then things would change for good at the personal and marital level, otherwise they would just get more dysfunctional.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It's not normal to feel this way, to suffer this much, you do not need nor deserve to feel like this at all, and that's why core issues should be addressed. If you find that your husband is unable or unwilling to respect or support you, please look for a competent professional psychotherapist to assist you to work on reevaluating your situation, clarify your mind about the changes that need to be implemented, and to work on them with adequate tools, focusing on what depends on you, including effective setting of boundaries and limits, assertiveness, communication ans coping skills, improvement of your sense of self-worthiness and self-esteem, and on developing a concrete action plan for you to change your reality.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach