Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My son is estranged from his family and has been living with

My son is estranged from his family and has been living with me for the last 10 months. Will you answer questions about his pending divorce to me or will he have to register with you?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you with this question and any little questions you may have to ask.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am a licensed professional with my own private practice and can answer all an any of your questions without hims registerintg.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are offline now, so I shall go ahead and exit and SAVE this chat.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When you return, open this chat back up and write down all of your questions and I shall return to the hat as soon as possible and shall help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

return to the chat

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I look forward to hearing from you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: Thanks for the information. I am on holiday for 10 days from Wednesday but will put together a list of questions.
Customer: thanks.
Customer: Danny
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

OK Danny. I shall leave this chat open for the next 10 days or so and you can get back to me at your convenience.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Bon voyage and enjoy your holiday.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott.

Customer: Elliot, I do have some background information and a couple of questions for you before I go on holiday.
Customer: Follow on from above!
Customer: Try again
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am here.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Go ahead.

Customer: Elliott ,sorry my return button seems to be sending long before I am finished. Martin my son is 42 and has been married to Lesley who is 41 since 2000. They have Cleo who is 10 in May. Their property was bought in 2000, was valued a couple of years at £200k and there is a mortgage of £110k. The property is in M's name as L was black listed. M moved into our home last May. The marriage broke down due to alcohol and gambling. During their marriage M was in main earner bringing in regular lover £2k with some plastering work. L works part time in a GP surgery and has recently reduced her hours to claim benefits. She earns about £650 nett a month. M served in the army for 9 years and this was put to his fire service pension when he became a full time firefighter in 2001. He should have got a pension at 55 with a lump sum which will shortly be reduce by 50% to about £45k. Lesley will have an NHS lump sum and pension on her retirement. M pays £268 monthly, made up of mortgage, Cleo and building insurance on a nett income of £1430 monthly. L has claimed that M is her landlord and that he should pay for any problems with property! That's great considering there is no tenancy agreement, no rent paid and M paying her to live there! M however is too soft and wants to make amends for the problems he has caused. He has over the past months paid out hundreds of pounds on anything from fixing a boiler, servicing the lawn mower to buying a new hutch for the rabbits and fixing the gas fire. M and L have been at war these last few months and although M has his problems L is very volatile and no angel and has assaulted M several times, including a black eye and a chipped tooth when she threw a TV remote control at him. He has never fought back to his credit and L has never claimed any violence from him. M has received a letter from L's solicitor and he has gone and answered it without seeking advice! I am incensed with tone if the letter! They claim there is no alternative to going for a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour and it is in the best interests of all parties. They further want to know if he will continue to pay the mortgage and that ultimately the property will have to sold or transferred within the divorce proceedings! It is not their prerogative to assume these points and not their concern if the mortgage is paid. I have currently the following questions. Should M write to L's solicitors to state his case which is not necessarily the same as them? Is £268 being paid currently sufficient? Does M have any other financial responsibilities to his property. If M agrees to accept "unreasonable behaviour", as you are aware this covers numerous situations, will this be made public and who will know about it? If M agrees to the divorce on these grounds will this go towards a better settlement for him? What do you envisage M will have to pay L when he gets his lump sum. Will M get a slice of L 's pension? What are the options with the property. M of course owns half of the contents. Would you recommend M waits the two years to end his marriage? What would become of access to C following the divorce? What if in the mean time L has a boyfriend and he moves into his property? I hope that this divorce goes amicably, but on the experience of many years this would appear not to be the case! Please let me have any other information you feel relevant. There is no need for a prompt response as I am off on holiday on Thursday for 10days. Thank you for your expert assistance on this matter. Danny
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ELLIOT back from holiday so please feel free when you are able and respond to my many questions I sent you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ELLIOT, do you have a response to any of the questions I asked you? Danny
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am trying to get a response to questions I sent to Elliott. I sent them on 6 February telling him I was going on holiday until 16 February. I sent a message on 17 February, but had no response. I sent a message on 20. February, but no response. It is now 23 February, so can anyone give me a response?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.