Counseling4You
Counseling4You, Counselor
Experience:  It is my pleasure to provide you with any assistance I can. MA in Counseling, and experience in private practice.
61600288

As above. I would like the definition of harassment please.

As above. I would like the definition of harassment please. I wanted the answers to certain questions from my former fiancee, but she has not replied. Theese were post cardsor letters, which I do not conside "harassment" at all.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Counseling4You replied 3 years ago.

Counseling4You :

Hello, I just read your post and would be happy to discuss with you.

Counseling4You :

Hi, are you here?

Customer:

It appears that I was screwed in that we were engaged to be married, but when we got baxk from a cuise around the med, her attitude cxhanged and she has refused to answer my questions (as to why ). Now the Police have called me to stop contacting her (by e mail) as she considers this "harassement". So I would l;ike some definition of "harassement".

Customer:

What is going on ? I need some advice on a one- off basis @ £33 and no more please !

Customer:

What is the legal definition of "harassment" and why is sending letters "harassment" . I do not understand.

Counseling4You :

Hello. The definition of harassment is repeated advances made by a person that are unwanted by the person being harassed. Now, that line of harassment is different for every person. If someone did this to you, you might not feel harassed at all, which is why this can be so frustrating for you. You're not trying to get anything in return other than some answers, and due to the fact that you had a relationship with her, you feel you deserve those answers. Unfortunately, we often don't get what we deserve. I would advise you to make an attempt to explain your position to one of her family members or friends, and ask them to communicate this to her for you. That is your best option at this point to get any answers or closure.

Customer:

Thank you very much. You are right in that I do feel somewhat ignored and rejected, and that I still need some explanations. However, these are not forthcoming. It is a bitter pill to swallow , but the Police say that I can be arrested if I try to contact her in future. Is this correct ? On what basis sending letters or e mails ? Is this really an offence ? If so then everyone in the country is guilty. Does this mean forever ? And what if we are to run into one another ?

Counseling4You :

I agree with you that this shouldn't necessarily be against the law (especially in a case like yours), but the laws and how they are enforced are often unfair. They make a situation black and white, when in reality there is a lot of gray. In most countries, yes, you can be arrested for harassment, stalking, or whatever they want to call it. She can also file for a restraining order against you, which often can increase the penalties you would face if you attempted contact in person, through the mail or email, etc. I think you said it best in that it is a bitter pill to swallow. Moving on from a deep relationship without proper closure is difficult. However, she's shown that she will tell the police if you attempt further contact, so I would encourage you to do your best to refrain from contacting her.

Customer:

Thank you. I will take your advice.

Counseling4You :

My pleasure, best of luck to you

Counseling4You :

Hi, I noticed that it's been a few days since we had oir chat, but the answer hadn't been rated by you. Is there anything further I can assist you with?

Counseling4You, Counselor
Experience: It is my pleasure to provide you with any assistance I can. MA in Counseling, and experience in private practice.