TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I am in a same.sex relationship.well I was until 6 days ago..we

I am in a same.sex relationship.well I was until 6 days ago..we were still lovin together but 2 days ago she left.I have sent her loads text.sayin sorry we were always arguing n can we.be.friends n maybe more...ahe has now.changed.hee.number so I have no contact..she fell out wiv her mum so came.and.lived wiv me 6 days ago her mum starts bein nice.wiv.her.after.a year of.mot.talkin to her...I had.to pick up the pieces.now ahe.has.gone back to her.mum's AMD.I'm left gutted ad.not knowing wot.to do..we were together 2 years and.would like her to.come back
Becky
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 years ago.

Coach Jen K. :

Hi and welcome. I'm a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

Coach Jen K. :

I am sorry to hear of this break up. It is very painful for you.

Coach Jen K. :

I know that you want her back and the best way to give that a chance is to let her be and see if she comes back to you on her own.

Coach Jen K. :

If she has changed her number then it seems like she is pretty serious about this ending so time is the only thing you can give to see if she comes back.

Coach Jen K. :

In the mean time it is important that you care for yourself and take care of your feelings and put one foot in front of the other each day to begin to heal from the pain.

Coach Jen K. :

In time you will know whether you relationship will come back but forcing it won't help you to make it happen.

Coach Jen K. :

When you come online we can chat.

Customer:

Thank you I am hoping ahe is only.doin this for attention changing her number.attention from family I mean.her mother stopped talkin to her 1 year ago and it hurt her...I picked up the pieces m now she wants to be back in her life.so I sed fine but I can't support that decision as I don't trust she won't.hurt you again...we argued and she left...I hope she does come back though ite really painful

Coach Jen K. :

hi I am here

Coach Jen K. :

very painful for you but it seems like she may be struggling with having a good relationship with both of you at the same time

Coach Jen K. :

so maybe you do what you can if she comes back around to let her know you support her repairing things with her mom

Customer:

Thank you really do hope she comes round and takes me back.

Coach Jen K. :

I hope she does too and in the meantime please care for yourself and do what you can to feel your best and get all the support you need so you are not feeling alone.

Coach Jen K. :

I am here to support you and if you need me again please write for Coach Jen K at the start of your question.

Coach Jen K. :

Please take a moment to click on the rating tab to offer a rating of my work. I thank you in advance

Customer:

thank you again and i just wish i knew what i could do to get her back but she has changed her number and facebook so i have no contact unless i write her a letter

Coach Jen K. :

I know how hard it is

Coach Jen K. :

but we can never force anyone to come back...if it is meant to be that way she will find you.

Coach Jen K. :

the best you can do now is focus on your healing and growth from this.

Customer:

ye i hope so

Coach Jen K. :

I am rooting for you but also rooting for you caring for yourself well during this painful time

Customer:

ok ill try

Coach Jen K. :

that is a great start

Coach Jen K. :

I am here if you need me moving forward

Coach Jen K. :

please take a moment to offer a rating.

Coach Jen K. :

I am not credited otherwise.