Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

So does the menopause feature in this at all or just a coincidence.

So does the menopause feature in this at all or just a coincidence. I was nievely thinking that this was a contributory factor to us failing and that I may with her counselling be able to recover some ground. From the messages that I have sent you do you see any hope there. Should I face it and move on. I feel that she is looking at this as being a opportunity to live a single life, she has associated with another single mum who has more concern for her own happiness than her sons
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.
Thank your or your question. Menopause did play a factor in her changing. Women go through many changes when they go through menopause. Their emotions are not the same and their body is going through many changes. It is a difficult time to go through all these emotions. I do see a lot of hope in this relationship. I see two people that just need to work things out. The major thing I see is her being able to control her own life. She needs to feel in control, so you want to make sure you are working together 50/50 so that she feels like she is in control of her own life. Once she sees the changes I feel she will look at the relationship differently. You mentioned her associating with another single mother. A child comes first. A mother who is more concern with herself is just only thinking of herself. I do not see her ever being like that, I can see by what you have told me that she loves her child and is not interested in living the single life, she is just trying to get control of her life. She wants what is best for her son that I can see from what she has said. But she is going through many changes and needs to figure out how she feels. I feel if you are their she will see that you are changing as well and are there for her no matter what. She will see that caring person that you are and I feel the relationship will move forward together. Please accept my answer thank you.