Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

my daughter is dating a really nice guy she been with him for

Customer Question

my daughter is dating a really nice guy she been with him for 3 years and is now pregnat by him and still very happy ,,,but me and her parents dad like each other alot and he to is a really nice guy but the kids dont want us to go any further they say its wrong on all levels what should we as parents do ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
Hello. You need to be with the person who makes you happy, regardless of what others think, even if your children. They are obviously grown, so you are able to make your own decisions on who you want to be with. Continue to be the supportive parents that you are and don't try to force anything on them, just be who you are and do what you do. Hopefully, they will see your happiness and realize that in life, that is what is more important than perceptions.