Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

Hello, Basically I like one guy, and he has a girlfriend,

Customer Question

Basically I like one guy, and he has a girlfriend, and I know he's going to marry her. he never clearly tell me what he thought about me, and I'm decided to move on, and stop talking to him for a while. but few days ago, I need his home address, I wanted to send something to there house, and o texts him "Hey, can I get your address"
And he gave me address and also texts me "Hey how ya doing"? Miss me? been ages - hope things are well.

I want to know, why he ask me, I missed him or not. we're not close friends or anything, but relative. we rarely chat with each other.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I wouldn't look into this at all. He is asking if you miss him because he heard from you seemingly out of nowhere and he was probably wondering why. Normal behavior. Especially with you asking about his address. He wonders why you would do this. I would let it go and move on as you had decided to do previously.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I texts back to him, I miss talking to you yea and he replies back with "aww me too". well I'm here you know, chat to whenever you like, I don't mind at all.

so, you think he does not have any feelings for me or he didn't miss me at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
It sounds mutual as far as some level of friendship. It's impossible to gague someone's genuine feelings based on a couple of texts. I'm sure if he is with someone who he is going to marry, there will always be a border there. If he is willing to be friends with you, you need to understand and accept that this could be dangerous if you have feelings for him. You may not know when to draw the line, so be aware of this. If you feel like you want to pursue something more, you could be setting yourself up for disappointment. So, be aware of where you stand and the reality of the situation.