TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

So basically I think Im in love with this guy. I have

Customer Question

So basically I think I'm in love with this guy. I have known him for 2 years now but we only got close last year September because we were in the same class. I first started to like him on the first day of school that is September last year. From the moment I met him I loved everything about him. I loved his personality, his physique, his smile, his laugh, the way he would look at me,the way he would hold me. I think it was pretty obvious to me and everyone around me that he liked me too because we were always flirting with each other . So we got close and I always tried to find a way to spend time with him. We both live alone but in the same building so I would always go to his room claiming that I needed help with homework or that I needed him to explain something to just so that I can be alone with him. I also had this friend that is a girl and she loves clubbing. So like every Friday we would all go clubbing and get really wasted. The guy I liked had this guy friend (who was like his best friend) that I grinded with one time when I was drunk because in my drunken state I thought I would make the guy that I like jealous if he saw me dancing with another guy. After this night the way the guy i liked treated started to change. He reduced calling/ texting me and talking to me in class. Okay so we went out again and this time he kissed me on the cheek and then he carried me in his arms. I thought then that this meant that he liked me or something and then he still kept his distance from me in college. On another night out I kinda wanted to dance with my guy but he shunned me and went for another girl so I made out with some random guy in order to see if he would get jealous but he did nothing. Our friendship even got worse after this night because he stopped talking to me for some time. So me and him didn't speak again until this night which was our last night out before the Christmas break. On this night he was very charming to me, he talked to me the whole time, he held my hand and he danced with me the whole time. And I kinda decided to return the kiss he gave me so I kissed him on the cheek. That night is and our friends decided to all stay in a hotel room together. And this guy just so decided that he wanted to sleep in the same bed with be but we didn't even cuddle or anything like that. I woke up the next morning and he was gone he left a message for me and my friend saying that he had a great night an that he has a scary morning face so he had to go. For my Christmas holiday i went back home and his all that I could think about. After the break, when we were back in school I thought he would ask me out and that I would finally be his girlfriend but it didn't happen. I heard at that time that there was also this other girl that liked him and that he planned on going out on a date with her. When I heard I was shocked and heart broken so I decided to tell him how I felt about him on valentines day. And his reply wasn't what I expected at all he told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he likes me as a person and that he never saw us in that way. Since then we have have been avoiding each other and we only speak to each other sometimes only in class. And I think his best friend has feelings for me. I know I can't force someone to like but I can't just let him go. I think about him every day and I don't know how to talk to him. And I miss being his friend. My question is how do I become friends with this guy again without giving him the impression that I have feelings for him.

Category: Relationship