TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Hi went out with ex gf for 8 years she left me 6 months ago

Hi went out with ex gf for 8 years she left me 6 months ago said she didn't love me anymore that I was not the same man she fall in love with .i no that to be true I have had deperssion for about 2 years but I didn't no but I have got help since and on the right road. I have tryed to meet her but she won't she doesn't contact me and avoids me when I did bump into her she was very awkward to me I new she didn't want to be near me .i rang her and she answers and I told her that I got help with my problem but she didn't seem to care .she asked one off my friends how I was doing but that's about it.is there anyway off sorting things out or has she moved on or is there anyway I can save it
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome. I'm a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.
You sound extremely loving and thoughtful and I am sorry to hear of these difficulties. I am glad you have gotten help for your depression as that is most crucial.
I can hear how much you love and care and miss your ex....the best thing you can do right now is to give her space. If she misses you and desires to come back she will but without feeling pushed or pressured. I truly understand your desire to show her how you have chnaged and are on the right track, but she may not be ready. If she is asking other friends about you then it could men she is missing you a bit. I wish there was a magic way to get her back but believe it or not giving her the space and time to miss you and wonder about you is the best way to go. she may have moved on and if that is the case you will need to work on coming to a place of acceptance around it...more time will tell.
In the meantime do not stop living your life and your road to continued health...the more you live your life, the stronger you will feel. I hope this works out in the way you want to. Keep doing your great work.