Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, Marriage Therapist
Experience:  Family Therapist & teacher 35+ yrs; PhD research in couples
55153673

I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction for 6 years

I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction for 6 years now. I have no illness and am in no pain but just lack strength of feeling in that area even though I have a high libido. It is getting me down. I must know. Do you think it has gone for good? I am 46.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Norman Brown :

Have you tried every one of the current ED drugs? Viagra is actually BETTER than Cialis, which is why Cialis is plastered all over the tv programs and Viagra doesn’t bother. Have you had the matter checked out by a urologist? Before a psychological therapist starts inquiring into possible psychogenic sources for your ED, you should rule out physical causes. Also, if you want to ensure the privacy of an online consultation, you should not use this open access Chat and Q & A channel, at least not once the exclusive Chat function gets shut down, which I usually cannot keep open for much longer than 10 minutes despite pausing it as often as I catch the timed minutes slipping by. We can keep it completely private if I offer your additional services by the time the 10min “Chat” is up, for an additional fee. Your acceptance of that allows us to exchange Skype, email and telephone contacts, so, exp thru Skype, we can consult either in real time or by Chat for as long as we want, with the initial session paid for by your additional fee. If this is the route you’d like to go, then let me know. But you should make sure that you don’t have ANY physical condition that could be affecting your genitalia, if you haven’t already done so. It appears that you have done that, but I wouldn’t want to waste our time and your money if you haven’t exhausted that avenue.

Dr. Norman Brown :

I'll check back in a few minutes, since I have other questioners waiting--I'm also adept at dream interpretation (which could be quite valuable in exploring psychological dimensions of your ED) and that's where I handle a majority of the questioners--even though I've also written a very respected textbook on couple relationships and have also been engaged in advanced work on the emotional dynamics of love in relationships for over 15 years as well.

Dr. Norman Brown :

Oops, you're coming up with something, so I'll wait.

Customer: Thanks for your advice. It confirms what I already have in mind. I am planning to see my doctor. Many thanks, ***** ***** be in touch again if I have further questions.