Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships
50444359

Me and a girl, whom I started dating over the summer, have

Customer Question

Me and a girl, whom I started dating over the summer, have been writing back and forth for about 3 months now. This is so,because I study abroad and she is back in my home country. We are still not officially together, but I feel she has strong feelings for me, just as I have for her. I am going back for the Christmas holidays on the 19th of December. Today I wrote her a message on Skype, which read "Hey,foxy (she loves it when I call her that) :P How was your day?", but she didn't reply and after about an hour went offline. The last time we wrote to each other was the day before yesterday and everything was happy and joyful as ever. I am probably over-reacting and this is nothing, but can you please help me? Should I write to her tomorrow again?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 2 years ago.

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating and worrisome this situation must be for you. You are clearly eager for the relationship to move forward and you're hoping that the holidays will make that happen. But this lack of communicativeness on her part is anew variable that makes things confusing. It's natural to feel nervous and worried when this happens. However, you really don't have enough information at this time to know what is going on for her.

And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about.You don't know if her silence means a lack of interest or if it means that she's been busy. You don't know if it means there's someone else or if there was a problem she had to attend to. There are just too many possibilities on both sides.

Therefore, you need to get more information and writing again tommorrow is the best way to do so. You want to be rather casual and not come off as worried. But you also want to acknowledge that the silence made you wonder if everything is okay and that you hope that it is.

So, yes, write tomorrow and don't assume the worst.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me. If the answer has been helpful, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button so that I am credited for the answer. Bonuses are always appreciated! If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm checking in to see if the reply was helpful or if you need more follow up. I would be very interested in hearing back from you on whether you thought my response was helpful or if we need to continue with further discussion. My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons.

Thanks,

Dr. Mark