Eveningstargazer
Eveningstargazer, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
25605833

does domestic abuse get taken seriously and the perpatrater

Customer Question

does domestic abuse get taken seriously and the perpatrater found guilty often
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Eveningstargazer replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, I would like to do my best to help you with this question today

Customer:

Typically in a domestic violence situation, things are taken very seriously. If the evidence is valid and presented appropriately, there tends to be a high conviction rate

Customer:

For the victim of domestic violence, it can be a difficult path, so there are many locations that allow the victim to record their testimony rather than be present in the court room with the perpetrator. For the perpetrator, if they feel it was a misunderstanding, character references and a clean history are their best chance at clearing the conviction

Customer:

Is there additional information I can provide for you?

JACUSTOMER-9adfja44- :

I have given pictures and my diarys of 4 year, but a lot of evidence had no visible signs as there were no bruises where you could see, a lot was strangling and mental abuse will this be any kind of case.i als had a bit of a breakdown. im not sure if my personal diarys are anything to go on

Customer:

This is still a lot to go on and a case could certainly be constructed. May I ask if you ever visited the hospital after an incidenc?

Customer:

*incident

JACUSTOMER-9adfja44- :

no but docters were aware as I was pregnant and had self harm dueto stress of the abuse and they sent my partner for anger management which clearly did no good. I gave birth to my son a month early due to the stress also social workers were involved and all professionals as they are now

Customer:

ok, this is a good sign. Since you have had professionals documenting the events, this will assist prosecutors in developing a court case.

Customer:

It will be stressful, so you should ensure that you are reaching out to appropriate supports throughout the process. Take care of yourself and remain confident. There is no guaranteed outcome, but voice your concerns calmly to the investigators so that they can provide you with a clear outline of the process

Customer:

Is there additional assistance I can provide?

Customer:

If you feel that I have answered your question, please be sure to rate your experience, as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. If there is any other assistance I can provide, please feel free to return to this question and I can provide additional support as long as necessary. Thank you and have a lovely day.