TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

There, I am a 31 year old single male whom has not been

Hi there, I am a 31 year old single male whom has not been in a long term relationship for about 10 years. Due to being diagnosed with a mental health condition 3 years ago I left university and it disrupted my studies. I am now stable thru being on medication
for the last 3 years and have built a fairly significant buisness over the last 2 years. Can someone tell me if this is normal or not I.E. being too busy for a full time relationship and waiting to meet the right one? I have always been happy go lucky and
still am, I just wonder somtimes if there is more I could be doing to prepare or stimulate a full time engagement or simply to attract more lady friends or companions on my journey? Sometimes I beleive my behavior might be avoident based on some relationship
tests I took. Can someone please help explain what may be going on here? Any help appreciated......
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 years ago.
You have been focused on many things...your health, your studies, your business and you haven't had the time to focus on meeting the right one.But it can happen if you are ready to put that energy out there.
I might suggest to stay away from these tests especially the ones online...not always a great indicator of much. I think when you feel ready then you will put yourself out there. Clearly you are a determined man and can achieve what you desire.
When you feel ready, try some new and fun things...singles events, sporting events, anything that you enjoy and can be in large groups of people.