Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My and I split 2 years ago.He has the children every Wednesday

Customer Question

my and I split 2 years ago.
He has the children every Wednesday and every other weekend.
They stay up late, sleep on sofas etc.
If he takes them out anywhere he almost always ends up in the bar area with his latest woman who has no children and no experience with children!
He has never had the children on his own for longer than 48hrs and now asks to take them all the way to Australia.
The children are 8 and 11 I am really uncomfortable with this situation as he has no experience of day to day care of the children and often gets distracted by women or alcohol.
My question is,,, can I stop this happening?
We were never married and the children reside with me....he plays no role in their upbringing and has an unsettled relationship with our son.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can stop this from happening. If you do not give permission for the trip then he would have to apply to the court. It may well actually make more sense for you to take the matter to court both for a child arrangement order and a prohibited steps order (although you do not formally need the latter it would be a protective preventative order). Happy to discussPlease rate positively.