Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships
50444359

I am in love with and had sex with a married man and am jst

Customer Question

i am in love with and had sex with a married man and am jst freaking confused like he got married 2 months ago its crazy i wish i had met him b4 that happened. now i just need an honest advice and truth cos i cant tell my friends they would literally skin me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this issue.I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. You are clearly a good person and you are caught in a terrible situation.And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about. You are right: it would have been great if you had met him before he proposed and married someone else. But this is not what happened. And this reflects not on you, but on him. He should have not had sex with you. That he did shows that he does not value his marriage in the same way you would value marriage. Because you would want, if the two of you were married, for the two of you to have sex together, not for him to find someone else to have sex with. But this is what he did: he found someone other than his new wife to have sex with.You are asking for honest advice and this is what I am sharing with you. Because I know this is difficult for you. It is not fair to you. But it is not fair to his wife either. And so, you need to move on and find someone who is more reliable and is also available. The worst thing is to feel as though, "Oh, I can't get over him." Or, "Oh, I'll never find anyone else."Those feelings are not true and they are only feelings that will keep you tied to the past. Because he needs, honestly, to become part of your past. You need to move on and focus on being with your friends, feeling social, and finding a good man.Okay, I wish you the very best! My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me. If the answer has been helpful, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button so that I am credited for the answer. Bonuses are always appreciated! If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****