TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

He wants to buy a house together but not to get engaged

Customer Question

Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is taking very long. I will log out in few minutes
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
Ask yourself if this is what you desire too. If he desires to buy a home together then it seems like he desires to build a relationship with you and be together. What do you desire? If you must be engaged then put that out to him and see where he is in that process and come together so you can both be on the same track with the same goals in mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. I have spoken to him and told him where i stand. I can certainly put of the wedding but engagement has to be in place before. However he says i am presurising him. Which was the last thing i wanted to do. Hes standing his ground, however im starting to think that i am wasting my time, im sure after a year of relationship and living together an engagement is not such a crazy idea.
You both have different needs around this so one of you will need to give a bit....can you move in together and give yourself the time and space to figure it all out? If you can't do that and he won't budge, your only option may be to leave the relationship. Are yo prepared for that?