TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Relationship issue with single mum

I've been seeing this single mum for 2 months now and we've already had a few ups and downs..
About 3 weeks ago she out of the blue ended it when things were progressing and said that I was getting too attached. However, she text back saying she missed me after a few days so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and continued whatever was going on between us
Now I stayed round hers Saturday and I met her child and we really hit it off, I was the first guy she introduced to her child after 5 months. She kept texting after how much she kept thinking of me after that and everything was fine
Now all of a sudden she goes quiet on me for a few days and then says that she doesn't know if she feels the same way I feel about her then followed on the text by stating 'I know you probably don't believe me but let's just leave it at that'
I don't understand if she wants me to leave it or wait for her answer? What do you think?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about this...it seems like she is unsure, not so much about her feelings for you, but rather she has the staying power to be in a committed relationship at this time. I would leave things alone and not reach out to her. Sounds like she needs some time to figure it all out. If she reaches out again it will be up to you this time to see if you want to dip that toe back into the water and let her back in. She is unpredictable and it comes down to whether you can deal with that and want to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that's the impression I'm getting, thank you for the fast reply :)
And you sound loving and patient and willing to go back and I am not saying its the wrong thing..its more about what you can deal with and want to while knowing she can do it again at any moment.