Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I need advice on my relationship Me 30 year old

Hello. I need advice on my relationship
Me 30 year old and my bf 37 year old
Been together 5 months moved in together after two weeks. Been on two holidays. And is met the family everyone loved me. He was posting abt me on socioal media how much he loved me I'm marriage material he finally met his soul mate. Before that any relationship he had he would never put pics of girls. Anyway we went private doctor to start trying for a baby. We never argued before. But 10 days ago we broke up because of some money despute. He said I'm spoiled and ungratefull. But he knows I always have his back and done everything he wanted looked after him like I'm his wife. It was heated agruement I said I will leave and he said ok Go on then. I packed my bags and he dropped me to my friends. I haven't called him since as he went on a little holiday and I know he is away. I only wrote one long msg to say I love him and we r good for each other and I'm not giving up on us. And we need to sort things out. So I'll leave him in peace and wait to hear from him. That's all I have put. That was 10 days ago but he hasn't even read the msg and left it unread. Sometimes I wish he could read it and realise that I want another chance. I also been putting photos up on social media of us together and making comment. Missing my baby while he is away. So iv put 3 photos of up. I think he could see them as well. I don't want him to think I have moved on because he will just think I wasn't serious about us. So what shall I do. I still have a lot of personal belongings in his house. What are the chances of us getting back together. I hope you can he
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It sounds like things were wonderful the time you both were together. The fight seems as though it got out of hand and there may have been surpressed thoughts on his part that he never expressed and rather exploded in the moment. It could also have been that miscommunication caused it to go the way it did. Whatever the case I think you have done the right thing to show him you are still interested. When he gets back you may want to write him a letter or give him a call and invite him for lunch or coffee. You both can then discuss and clear up any miscommunication and see what his thoughts and feelings are currently. You can also write him a letter and mail it if you feel more comfortable going that route. All in all every relationship will have problems just as everyone has faults. No one and no relationship is perfect. This is why it is important to be able to clear up any miscommunication and both of you work on any issues each of you may have in order to grow as individuals and a couple. It is not worth throwing away a beautiful relationship for pety things that can be fixed. Depending how this goes I would not ask for your stuff yet unless you really need them. I would give this a chance to play out to see where it goes because you do not want him thinking that you are only interested in your stuff. If you both were having a great relationship then I think there is a good chance you both can get back together if you are both able to discuss all issues and agree to work together on them. I wish you the very best and please let me know if I can be of further help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that
So it's now been 10 days since it happened
People keep telling me I need to start putting on my social media page that I have moved on and like I'm enjoying my life and even make him jealous. And try the reverse phycology . I really don't want to do that. I even put photos of him on my social media. Pic of us together and saying I miss him. So everyone could see. So now he has all my stuff. I only got a suitcase of my stuff with me and nothing else. I don't need all my wardrobe back now I can live without it. But he dedicated one of the double rooms in his house in to my stuff. So how do I go about it? How much space shall I give him and not contact him ?? I'm really scared to get a msg of him where he says hi Juls can u come and get ur stuff. Because then I know it will be over for good. He is very strong will powered. He is into tony robins life coach and self development I feel he can control his emotions and hide them well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also told the family and all his close friends that he is need the relationship. I don't know if was a hasty move from his side. None of his family or friends. Tried to contact me and ask me how I am. Which was really disappointing
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
I understand and think you should write the letter or ask him out to discuss. This will end the waiting game and you will be able to get a more direct answer in regards ***** ***** feelings and if he is truly willing to work on things. Also, that will help you to decide which way to move from here. If he still does not contact you even after than then you may want to consider moving on, but I would definitely try that first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
It is my pleasure to help. Thank you for your positive rating and bonus. If I could ever be of further help please do not hesitate to request me. :)
All the best to you!