TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My boyfriend does not have a very good bond with his daughter,

Customer Question

My boyfriend does not have a very good bond with his daughter, is there anything you can suggest he do to help build it?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
How old is his daughter? Does she live with him? what is the reason the bond isn't great. Does he have a desire for things to be different between them or it is more your desire? If he desires the bond to be stronger, then it becomes about carving out more together time, special time where they can do things together to strengthen their connection and just be. Sometimes when personalities are different, the bond can be harder to form, so it is important to engage with her in things she likes to do and or play with, but unless he desires it to be different, it will be hard to make that happen for him.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.