TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I have know this virgo girl from almost 3 months, I started

Customer Question

I have know this virgo girl from almost 3 months, I started liking her and I have told her how I feel about her. She gives positive response to my liking, and says she is single.
She shows affection when she has had a few drinks not sober. One day i feel like we have come very close and next few days i'll feel she has backed off.
I have asked her out and she says she has the same liking about two weeks ago but doesn't want to get in a relationship as she does't know me too well yet. She doesn't show any affection. Leaving me all confused. I can't make my mind whether to end the chase here or ask her again properly that where we stand. or what should be the next move?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like she has been up front about where she is...she likes you but isn't ready to go to the next step. does that mean you pack it in and give up the chase? No. It sounds to me like she is saying she would like to get to know you better and when she does and things continue to progress, then she will go out on a date and possibly become more affectionate. I would continue on the path that you have been...spending time, making her smile, chatting and let her get more and more comfortable with you. You can also let her know again that you are interested and you understand she wants to get to know you better so you are happy to do so and then will ask her out again in a bit of time. How much time? Let your gut be your guide. When you see her relax a bit more and desire to be with you more and more that is when you can make an offer for a proper date to get to know one another even more.