TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Is she acting so distant or am I overthinking?I've been

Customer Question

Is she acting so distant or am I overthinking?
I've been seeing a single mum for a few months now and we've had an argument about 2 weeks ago where she said this wasn't going to work and tried breaking it off. I convinced her to meet me out and everything was fine again and it seemed normal. She basically said that she doesn't know what she wants but she doesn't want me to leave.
Now she sometimes stop texting mid conversation and we might go a few days without talking. But when I ring her, she seems fine and just says that she's busy, but it feels out of character for her. I kind of get the impression she doesn't want to say what the issue is as she doesn't like confrontations.
I know she could be busy as it's the holiday season and she a child but I'm just getting annoyed with how she's acting lately. I think the main issue is that I can see her only once a week because she's so busy.
I just get the impression she might want me to end it, but I genuinely really like this girl, I just want to do what's best for her.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 1 year ago.
It does sound like she is at least distracted. It could very well be a crisis she is just not ready to share. I would suggest you give her the space she apparently needs. Give it a couple weeks and see what happens. Don't text her or visit her. If she cares about you she will make a move. If she doesn't make a move or make note of it, she probably has lost interest. Does that make sense to you?