TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I really like this man who works in a shop but I am unsure

I really like this man who works in a shop but I am unsure if he feels the same. He will often look at my face for a longer than usual period of time when I am approaching the tills and one time he stood close to me behind me when I was on the self serve check out. Does he seem interested or am I looking too much into nothing?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you are both being a bit flirty with one another and that sounds fun. You can keep it up and see if it continues and then if it feels right you can always make a joke about it like...are you flirting with me? Or you can causally ask him for coffee after work. If that doesn't feel right because you work together, then you can continue as you have and see if he reaches out to ask you out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't work together. I just shop in a place he works. Do you think he is interested in me?
Ahh even better then. It sounds like he could be...sounds like he is flirting, but hard to know unless you put yourself out there and flirt back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm too shy to flirt back. He wouldn't be looking at me for longer than a glance if he wasn't interested though? Any subtle things I can do to make him talk with me?
If he holds your gaze a bit then sure it is possible that he has an interest and he may be waiting on a signal from you that you are interested. I hear that you are shy, but you can bring up a light topic to discuss, even simply asking him how his day is going at work.
If all good for now, please take a moment to offer a rating. Good luck with him and Happy New Year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last thing. When I was at the self serve till he stood right behind me close and started humming a tune. He also immediately came to my assistance when the till said please wait for assistance. Is this a definite clue or nothing?
Thanks and happy new year :)
I can't say anything is a definite clue, but it does seem like he enjoys giving you special attention. He may be waiting for a clue from you...time to step out of the shyness for a bit and converse more with him. You can do it! :-)