TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I was seeing a girl last4 months, she has three kids

I was seeing a girl for the last4 months, she has three kids an 9, 6 and a 7 month baby....I was introduced to them slow but once the 9 year old realised that I was spendingg a lot of time at her house and with her mum she got uncomfortable with me coming around...she had trouble with her father and his new girlfriend as well and refused to see him cause of her....subsequently I have been dumped by by her mum as she doesn't want to put her through anymore heartache which I understand...me and her mum had a good chat and she does really like me and wishes it could b different but her priority is to her kids which it should be...I am in kind of limbo just now the night we had a talk she kissed me and hugged me and didn't want to let me go as I left...we r still friends and talk on Facebook a lot...I don't know if I should break of contact altogether or wait and see if there can be a future again between us as we do have feelings for each other
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of this situation and I am sad to hear that for the time being she cannot move forward with you. It sounds to me like she really cares for you and desires to be with you. There is no way to know whether things will change or that she will work with her daughter to help her feel more comfortable. Since you talk well with each other, I might ask her if you should wait around for her and remind her of how much you care and want to wait if she believes there is a chance. If she tells you not to wait, then I would begin to heal and move on...yes there will be pain, but you will have a clear answer and being in limbo is a painful place as well.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She did say that she doesn't know what could happen in 6months time but said she couldn't expect me to wait...I don't know if she was just being kind or what....I don't know if I'm making a fool of myself by keeping in contact with her
not a fool...you care for her. Can you date and still stay in touch with her if things change..this way you are not stopping your life
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We never talked about dating away from the kids...emotions were running high when we had the sit down talk
I mean can you live your life and date others and if she comes back around then you can see where things stand for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We will see...I feel we are kind of dancing around the situation when we txt each other....I might just ave to bite the bullet and ask if she wants to date quietly and take things slow and take what ever she say good or bad either way I will know we're I stand
I dont hear that she will do that and at some point you will want more again. Maybe if you live your life and go out with other people and stay in touch with her and see how it plays out, that might feel right for you.
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks you for,the advise...cleared a few thoughts out for me
Wishing you the best with it. Thanks for being open about it all. Thank you for the positive rating.Jen