TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 months 2/3 weeks ago....I

I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 months 2/3 weeks ago....I have been trying to play it cool and that it has not effected me, I eveen attended her sons christening on Sunday....I had a gift for her but never gave it to her, I am now wondering if I should send it to her with a letter explaining I wanted to give it to her but felt a bit awkward about doing it and apologise for keeping messaging her after she called times and tell her although I didn't want it to end she was probably right to do so....or do you think I should just leave things be?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
hi. It sounds to me like you still have a lot of feelings for her and she might as well. I am sorry that things ended but she still had you at a very important event. If you think she would be open to it, I might reach out in an email and let her know you respect her decision and will honor her space if that is what she desires, but you care for her deeply and are hurting over the breakup. You can let her know you have a gift and if she would like you to send it, you will. Be open with her and let her respond. hopefully she is missing you too and wants to reconnect. If she asks for time and space, then honor that and let it all play out and see what happens.