Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I don't know what to do, I am 55 and married years,

Customer Question

I don't know what to do, I am 55 and married for 27 years, I have been back in touch and have slept with a man that my parents stopped me seeing in the early 80's. I just don't know how this has all happened and I am feeling that I am completely out of control.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis can be risky for your marriage.if you want to keep your marriage intact, then I would stop seeing this man and strengthen your relationship with your husband.it sounds like you are having regrets and don't want to leave your husband, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so unhappy in my marriage and my husband is out of work I would leave him if I could.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
why can't you leave him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has lost his job recently and is dependant on me.
I am so unhappy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you need to see a marriage counselor about your marriage.if you are unhappy, it is unfair for you to stay in the marriage.you can still help him financially if you divorce him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe it is a marriage counselor I need.
I am feeling at rock bottom under pressure to work hard manage the house, cook clean. The other guy showed me a minute of kind and tenderness and I gave myself to him which has just made everything seem worse than before, which may just be me feeling guilty.
I don't know how to resolve everything and sort myself out and feel very alone.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you are so unhappyyou might benefit from talking to a counselor or psychotherapist or marriage therapist about your feelings.it sounds like you are under a lot of pressure.and adding this guilt on after the affair is not helpfultalking to someone can help you sort through your feelings.I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com