TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I was moving in with my partner of 4 months - I'm 55 and she's

Customer Question

I was moving in with my partner of 4 months - I'm 55 and she's 52. It was a stressful time. This was 10 February. We had lunch and had a tiff over the most silly thing, but that escalated into a heated row. I did a double-take (hastily) and said I wouldn't carry on with the moving and the relationship was ended. Now she refuses to see or talk to me and reported me to the Police for harassment! If I do the NC rule will she calm down and contact me in time?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
I would give her the space and time to settle down. Both of you were reactive to one another and acted hastily. I think going no contact right now is the way to go...if she misses you she will reach back out but right now she is angry and doing what she can to find some space...give it to her and let it play out.
I know it is hard to pull back, but right now it is the only way so she can feel what she feels and come back. Trying to reach out to her only angers her further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long should I maintain No Contact? It has been 4 weeks, will she still be angry now?
If it has been 4 weeks, it seems like she has moved on fro the relationship. If she has asked for no contact and made contact with the police, then you must honor that and leave it be. She knows how to contact you if she desires.