TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Why do I keep messaging other women when I have no intention

Customer Question

Why do I keep messaging other women when I have no intention of meeting up and risking my current relationship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
Are you truly satisfied in your current relationship or do you believe that something might be missing? These could be reasons why you are seeking out others. If you have been in this relationship for a while, it may feel more like routine and the spice of something new feels intriguing. If that is the case, then creating some fun and rekindling the magic seems to be on order to keep you interested.
Since you have no intention of meeting up, the secrecy and excitement of it all can be very stimulating but it sounds like you need to bring back the excitement and stimulation in your current relationship.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the forces and spend all week away and go home at weekends, it doesn't help that she has moved back in with parents in order to save so she can buy her own place. We don't have much space so it can get frustrating at times. I spend every minute I can doing jobs to keep me busy. We have probably got into a routine and the spark has dies a bit but I associate that with living with her parents. I do love her and don't want anyone else and it's frustrating me, I see it as just words which mean nothing but she doesn't
There are a lot of changes and frustrations I can hear that....the words, however you feel are meaningless but they are providing you with that release and ease that may not be there any longer with her. When you are in town, try to do some fun and exciting and different things with her and this may help to alleviate some of your pent up feelings.