TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

After a 12 year relationship, my girlfriend has met another

Customer Question

After a 12 year relationship, my girlfriend has met another guy. I did not not show her the commitment I should have I admit. Her new relationship seems to have got very full blown within a couple of weeks. I am trying the no contact rule but she texts me with just silly things about her work or car but does contact me almost everyday. I am trying to ignore her but finding it really painful. I don't know what is going off in her mind or how to handle the situation.
Yes I want her back and desperate for some direction and understanding.
Please help.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou need to tell her that her communcation with you makes you uncomfortable and is painful for you at this point in timeand that you need to make a clean break in the relationship.if she continues to contact you, you might need to block her on your phone or change your phone number so she can't contact you.just ignoring her will continue to allow her to try to contact you and if this painful for you, that is not fair to you.let me know if you have questions.