JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

Why do i worry about rejecting my wife

why do i worry about rejecting my wife
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i love her to bits but seem to push her away when she needs me most
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also seem to struggle with intermacy
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you are having this struggle. I want to help you but have a couple questions first. How long have you been married? How have your past relationships been? What was your relationship with your mother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been married for 7 years, I was married for 20 years previously and I have a great relationship with my mom
Some more questions I might could ask are when has this difficulty developed? What was your relationship like in your previous relationship?I am figuring something happened in your previous marriage that maybe has led to this difficulty. Maybe you are having difficulty trusting now. Or maybe you are struggling with past guilt. When we marry, especially for a second time, we carry baggage in with us. For lack of a better way to say it, maybe you need to get rid of some old baggage.Another possibility is time. I am assuming by your length of marriages you are close to or in your fifties. Changes occur as we get older. This might be something you need to discuss with your doctor.I also don't know what you have tried to remedy this situation. I would strongly suggest marriage counseling for you and your wife. You need somebody to help you explore your relationship and come up with some solutions.With the limited information I have though, my suggestion would be try somethings different. Maybe schedule some alone time away and discuss your future together and discuss some solutions to your issues.That said, I'm not sure your solution lies in the intimacy itsel. Intimacy flows out of a relationship. Intimacy problems often result from greater deeper relationship problems.Maybe instead of worrying too much about intimacy, you could focus on satisfying your wife otherwise. If I was to ask her what small change she would like to see you make, what do you think that would be. Are you willing to make that small change.I know I have thrown a lot at you in s few words. I hope something I have said helps. In the end, intimacy is a bipriduct of a relationship and finance. Focus on those two things maybe and let the intimacy happen.Does that make sense to you? If you have further questions, I would be happy to discuss them with you.
I have to correct that typo. I meant, "Intimacy is a bi-product of our relationship and ROMANCE".