TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

There is this woman I work with who I have strong feelings

There is this woman I work with who I have strong feelings for. I am 15 years older than her. We are both single. We get on well together and have a laugh. When I go into her office to talk to her she will often flip her hair back and twirl her fingers through it when talking to me often exposing her neck. This has been going on now for quite some time. Recently I have left her chocolates on her desk pretending they are from someone else. She knows they are from me as she thanked me for them and said it made her day. I have written her a couple of poems for her to find again she knows they were from me. The last poem I told her she was like the ray of sunshine that lights the sky for me. She commented what a beautiful poem it was. I am unsure if she wants me to ask her out and given the age gap between us. I am unsure if she feels the same about me. She smiles a lot when looking at me. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks Mark
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark, It sounds lovely to me...and sounds like you are both enjoying this flirtation and may have feelings for each other. If you are up for it, I might suggest that you let her know you would love to ask her out and want to make sure she is comfortable with that and if she isn't that you are still okay and would love to continue to enjoy this fun friendship. This way you open the door to a yes from her but alos let her know you are fine either way if you have misread things.

let me know if I can support you further. If all good for now, please click on the rating tab to rate my support so that I may be credited for my time. Thanks for your understanding with that. I am here if you need.

Jen