TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My partner has completely changed towards me. She has become

Customer Question

My partner has completely changed towards me. She has become cold and distant. There is no feeling of closeness anymore. She claims she still loves me but I dont feel loved. I have told her this and she just said, sorry you feel this way. But didnt want to talk about how we could fix it :(
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I am sorry to hear of this space. What is troubling is that you are feeling it and have tried to talk to her about it and she shuts down the conversation about it by saying sorry you feel this way rather than asking what can she do to have you both feel more connected? I would go to her again in a quiet and loving moment and let her know how much you love her and miss the closeness and ask her if her feelings have changed and that you are open to hearing anything about what she feels. When you speak with her try not to finger point at her behavior changing but focus more on what you feel and wondering if she still feels as close. If her feelings have changed she may just be afraid to approach it and feel defensive about it as she displayed by saying sorry you feel that way. That response is the coldness that you mention. Go to her with your open and loving heart and ask her how to feel close again for both of you.