TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I saw one of your responses and it has led me to ask your

Hi JenI saw one of your responses and it has led me to ask your advice on having a strategy to follow during a separation and Divorce that can avoid or minimise conflict, and to encourage mediation. I am concerned that Solicitors may tend to be too adversarial, especially when the other party has suddenly gone from being amicable to slightly cruel & slanderous. I really do not want to get into conflict.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for writing to me. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties....to be direct, it is very hard when one changes from amicable to cruel and slanderous. The best thing from an emotional and relational standpoint is to maintain an even keel and not engage or play into the insults, name calling or accusations that may occur. The knee jerk reaction might be to come back with name calling and accusations as well. If you are well protected from a legal stand point and believe your rights and finances are being represented properly by your legal team, then you have no need to engage further. The more calm and disengaged you can be from the process the better things can be for you. We can't change what she does or says, but if we don't react to it, then we can minimize further conflict.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's sound advice, thank you very much Jen.
My pleasure. Let me know if I can support you further.
Please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my support so I am receive credit for my support. Thanks so much.
Jen