TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My partner and I have just broken up.. over the fact she

My partner and I have just broken up.. over the fact she (34yr old school teacher) has an issue with me having a 14yr old school girl keeping her horses with me because she sthinks the kid is arrogant and cocky
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 9 months ago.

Who is this teenager to you and why does she keep the horses with you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
part of my business is keeping horses for other people and look after them... she is just a client
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but my finances as they are I need the money from her horses

Ok. Thank you for clarifying that. It sounds to me like there is some jealousy or worry going on for your partner and this client brings that all up. If this is business then whether or not the client is arrogant doesn't really concern her. If you are handling things in a professional way then your partner should trust in that. I would go to your partner/ex and let her know you love and care for her but this is a professional relationship and dealing with other people and their personalities is all part of being a business owner.

If your partner got rid of every student of hers that was arrogant and cocky, most likely her class would be empty.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried to tell her its just business etc.. my partner has been putting huge pressure on me to move into together and frankly I want to but cant afford it.. so I need every client I can at the moment.. but my partner keeps saying "you know I didn't like her (she knew the kid from a a yard before) yet you had her anyway" " you never think of my feelings or give a shit about me".. the only only other option of a client I had was a lady who is my age and recently became single...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she is also says we never spend time together... I am wlays working as we have life stock and my its my parents farm ewhere I a absed and she and my mum hate each other because of a stupid row

I know how hard this is for you and the pain you are in....I hope that with some passage of time she can calm down a bit and realize that her demands are a bit unreasonable and this doesn't have anything to do with her feelings and all to do with surviving and running a business. I don't think trying to convince her now will get you anywhere...she needs some time and time ti miss you and come back.

She sounds really hard on you...this break may serve you well too. Hard to see that now, but you may just feel a bit less pressure during this break.

Focus on you right now and your work...there will be tough moments of missing her, but again you may just feel more at ease with time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she keeps saying its all my fault and I am make her feel like crap and miserable and I never change anything that uspet her and that has had friends or mine messging her telling me that's its not all my fault that I am a f**ked up mes because of my controlling mum and that she could do so much better than me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
whilst doing this is texting ex boy friends and nearly every day telling me how great they were

That's hard to live under that kind of scrutiny from her. Please take this break up as a time for yourself to refresh and renew...it does not sound like the way she treats you is healthy and inspiring for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
in the next breath saying she hasn't managed to hold relationship down for more than 3 months in the last 8 years...
we have managed on and off 9 months

More red flags...this is not a long relationship between the two of you and certainly not long enough where she weighs in on your business and dictate whom your clients are. Pick up, dust off and begin to move on. Seems like this will be a good thing in the long run.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the other thing that is worrying me is she has said over the past few days I will make the kids life misery if you don't get rid of her

Sounds like she says stuff to scare you and manipulate. Time to move on and do what you need to do to put this very short relationship behind you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she has had a go at me for not going to a horse show with her .. I didnt because I was working and looking after her horses for her as well!!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In spite it all.. I must be mad I do love her!!!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
am I totallt insane or done something so wrong??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i feel like i am doing something really awful....

love may not be enough if the fit isn't right and it just may not be here. not about right and wrong...the fit isn't right. fighting with your mom so early, dictating your business decisions...red flags. Begin the healing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.. i just feel like i am so much in the wrong ...she put a FB post up earlier saying how i clearly didn't care about her and that i am selfish and arrogant
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am sure i will hear from her again...

removing yourself from her social media would be a good way to go. Her behavior is childish and she has manipulated you into thinking you have done all wrong. Be well and begin to heal. This seems best for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the tyhing i got an hour ago.. get
You don't!!!!! Prove it!!!!!! Tell her to f**k off!!!!!!....or move out and leave everything behind!!!!!!

you can get your strength back. I believe that to be so. Go find it.

The text only furthers my view this fit isn't right.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
quick back gorund my parents are separated but didn't divorce so the farm wouldn't be split up as i am the only child .. and sarah keeps tlling me oh everyone pities you and you are mess because of your mum and the situation you are in and because of it you wont ever have a normal realtionship

more of the same. Time to move on and as you move on ask yourself why you would desire to be with someone that puts you down, fights with your family and dictates your business decisions.

TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you... i am just pleased you don't think i am mad

I think you are a guy that cares and has been hurt. Find your strength again...it is in there. Thank you for the positive rating. Be strong. Good night.