TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Me and my partner keeps breaking up but he always says he

Me and my partner keeps breaking up but he always says he loves me then ends it days later and I always peg him to come . I never give him time to miss me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 11 months ago.

If you aren't able to give him the time and space then this pattern will remain. I know how hard it is but in order for both of you to sort out what goes on then giving some space for both of you is the way to go. Yes you love each other but you are not relating to one another in healthy ways. The time apart will give you both clarity so you can come back together to communicate and connect better than before. Without giving that time then nothing changes and you remain as things have always been.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is me I think he comes back because he feels sorry for me but he makes all sorts of plans for us but they never happen because he calls them off and ours times together are great we always laugh and never row it's like he he don't know what he wants I can understand it if we had awful times but we dont

Exactly and if he doesn't know what he wants and you keep making it easy, then you are not giving him the chance to be on his own, think of you, miss you and come back because he has figured out that is where he wants to be. Be strong...you can do this..it is for you because you don't want to be with anyone that isn't there because he doesn't really want to be. Let him miss you and want to be with you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your right just scared he will meet someone new

I understand that fear but holding on so tight doesn't prevent that from happening if that is what he wants. So giving him the space to breathe and miss you will give him the chance to figure it out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

You can do this. Remember your wonderful qualities and that is why he loves you!!!

If you need me again I am here. Please take a moment to click the rating stars to rate my support. Thanks so much.

Jen

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But does he

yes it sounds like it but he needs time to know what he wants...give him that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok and thanks again

My pleasure and thanks in advance for you offering a positive rating for my work.