TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I have been friend with a girl for over 10 years and we

Customer Question

I have been friend with a girl for over 10 years and we always have a thing for each other when ever we speak weather it being on or off talking for months or not, but always a strong friendship and a little more, but I was in a relationship with another girl currently for 3 years and was having bad times with the currently relationship, so I started talking to this girl I have known for 10+ years and have been for a week talking about long old memories and such, so we meet up once and everything is fine talked etc I kindly bought her a gift with a little value and she was very happy, but as the next 1/2 days went passed suddenly she stopped talking witch I found very strange so I wasn't sure if she got put off by me buying her the gift as she was so over welmed in the first place but now seems very off with me with is very very confusing, so I have text a couple of times asking what's up but still no reply. But she is actively seeing my messages and not returning them.. Any advice...
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been friends with a girl for over 10 years and we always have a thing for each other when ever we speak weather it being on or off talking for months or not, but always a strong friendship and a little more, but I was im a relationship with another girl currently for 3 years and was having bad times with the currently relationship, so I started talking to this girl I have known for 10+ years and have been for a week talking about long old memories and such, so we meet up once and everything is fine talked and she seemed happy but did state to me about talking to her while still With the current girl, we still talked and she didn't mind later in the week I kindly bought her a gift with a little value and she was very happy, thanking me saying how nice it was etc, but as the next 1/2 days went passed suddenly she stopped talking witch I found very strange so I wasn't sure if she got put off by me buying her the gift as she was so over welmed in the first place but now seems very off with me with and is very very confusing, so I have text a couple of times asking what's up but still no reply. But she is actively is seeing my messages and not returning them.. Any advice...
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I t sounds like maybe she got scared a bit to have her emotions running high for you while you are still involved elsewhere. She may not know how this will play out for her so she has decided to cut things off before it got too involved for her and the gift may have been that indication to her that you have an interest but also aren't really free to pursue fully. I would sort out for you what is going in in your relationship and then if you are available pursue your other interest but until such time I would not pursue anything else.

Let me know your thoughts.